Focus and Goals:
The American Heritage Girls Mission Statement: Building women of integrity through service to God, family, community and country.
The American Heritage Girls is a Christ-centered scouting organization for girls of all ages. The American Heritage Girls program provides girls with many opportunities including life skill enhancement, leadership, and character, social and spiritual development.
American Heritage Girls began in 1995 in West Chester, OH. During its first year, the program served about 100 girls in 10 troops. AHG currently serves thousands of girls across the country.
Girls from Kindergarten through 12th grade participate in American Heritage Girls in 5 levels.
- Pathfinder: Kindergarten and at least 5 years old
- Tenderfoot: 1st through 3rd grades and at least 6 years old
- Explorer: 4th through 6th grades and at least 9 years old
- Pioneer: 7th and 8th grades and at least 12 years old
- Patriot: 9th through 12th grades and at least 14 years old
American Heritage Girls' Oath:
I promise to love God,
Cherish my family,
Honor my country,
and Serve in my community.
American Heritage Girls' Creed:
As an American Heritage Girl, I promise to be:
Adults in leadership positions with American Heritage Girls must subscribe to a Christian statement of faith. All girls may participate.
The annual membership fee is $22.00 per girl.
Girls participate in a variety of activities, including earning badges and religious awards. They may go camping, do crafts and enjoy typical scout activities. Each troop is also require to participate in a minimum of 3 community service projects each year.
Find an American Heritage Girls' Troop:
To find an American Heritage Girls troop, visit the AHG Troop Finder on their Web site.
AHG is a fairly new organization. If you cannot find a troop in your area, consider starting one. You'll find information about starting an American Heritage Girls' Troop on their Web site.
Why American Heritage Girls:
- Provides girls with a solid, Christian environment to learn, grow and make friends
- Focus on service teaches girls good citizenship
- Troops generally include all age groups, teaching girls to work together and allowing sisters to participate in the same troop
- Limited troops currently available