Focus and Goals :
The Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA presented by Gatorade and Nike, aims to develop a life-long passion for the game of basketball by providing a support structure, instructional materials and programs that encourage participation and make the game fun and rewarding for all participants.-From the Jr. NBA / Jr. WNBA Web site
Age Level :
The Jr. NBA/WNBA program is designed for children ages 5 through 14. Check with your local league to see what ages are currently involved in your area.
Basketball Leagues :
The Jr. NBA/WNBA is partnered with various organization such as YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, National Park & Recreation, JCC and PAL to bring basketball to youth around the country. They support the winter basketball season.
Jr. NBA/WNBA offers a variety of developmental clinics, camps, and tournaments throughout the year including:
- Skills Challenge sponsored by SINGULAIR: ages 7 to 14
- Pledge to Be A S.T.A.R. Summer Camps: basketball skills, life lessons, sportsmanship, ages 9 to 13
- Gatorade Championship Series: one day tournament for kids ages 12 to 14
- Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA National Team: 5 girls and 5 boys selected for the All-Star Jam Session
- Discover Card Home Court Challenge: skills challenge in 2 age divisions (9-11 and 12-14 year olds) plus autographs with WNBA members
Pledge to be a S.T.A.R. :
The Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA, "Pledge to be a S.T.A.R.” program, is our sportsmanship initiative for players, parents, coaches and teams. The Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA encourages everyone to commit to the ideals of ‘Sportsmanship, Teamwork, Attitude and Respect’-from the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Web site
Find a Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA League:
Check the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA League finder on their Web site.
Why Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA :
- Nice mix of skill building and competition
- S.T.A.R. program promotes great values
- Jr. NBA / Jr. WNBA is partnered with organizations that already work with youth in your local area
- Leauge offerings are limited at current time